Click here to explore our formulas supporting your healthy hair
While a well-balanced diet is essential for overall health, certain vitamins and minerals play specific roles in supporting hair health. Here are some vitamins and minerals often associated with hair health:
- Vitamin A: Helps with the production of sebum, which keeps the scalp moisturized. However, excessive vitamin A intake can have adverse effects, so it's important to get an appropriate amount.
- Vitamin E: Acts as an antioxidant that can help prevent oxidative stress on the scalp.
- Vitamin D: Supports hair follicle cycling, and deficiency has been linked to hair loss.
- Vitamin C: Plays a role in collagen production, which is essential for hair structure.
- Biotin (Vitamin B7): Often associated with hair and nail health, but the evidence is mixed. Biotin deficiency is rare in individuals with a balanced diet.
- Vitamin B-complex (B3, B6, B12, and others): Essential for overall health, including hair health. B vitamins help carry oxygen and nutrients to the scalp and hair follicles.
- Iron: Anemia can contribute to hair loss, so maintaining sufficient iron levels is crucial.
- Zinc: Supports hair growth and repair.