- | / Save up to % Save % Save up to Save Sale Sold out In stock
Why capsules over tablets
What are the benefits of capsules over tablets?
Many of us take vitamins supplements daily to meet all the body's needs and to live a happy and healthy life.
But which vitamins are better to buy?
What is the best for our body?
There is no point in taking supplements that are putting in more additives and preservatives than active ingredients.
Usually a tablet contains only 15% of vitamins and minerals.
The rest of the tablet is colourings and preservatives - everything that is deposited in our body.
This means taking such vitamins brings more harm than benefit.
Tablets are 15% vitamins and minerals. What is the other 85%?
Fillers, binders, sugar substitutes, colourings, disintegrants and diluents are just some of the unnecessary components.
Sugar substitutes, such as cellulose, povidone (PVP), diluents, modified starch and other artificial additives are used for binding and sealing of tablet's ingredients and constitute for 85% of its composition.
You get what you pay for - tablets are cheaper than capsules because artificial additives are cheaper than natural ingredients.
It's that simple!
And when passing through the digestive tract, many harmful substances and additives are deposited there.
They do not break down or properly absorbed.
This means that by taking the tablet we just contaminate our body and cause it more harm than good.
Vegetarian capsules, on the other hand, are based on natural ingredients, easily dissolvable by your body.
Vegetarian capsules do not contain harmful artificial additives.
What advice can we give you to form your own opinion about the difference between synthetic and natural vitamins?
The advice is very simple – try both of them.
You will feel the difference.You may have noticed that we absolutely don’t do tablets.
This is also a part of our ‘clean-lable’ philosophy.
It’s cheaper and quicker to make tablets than encapsulated supplements, but those tablets have one significant drawback.
They have to be stuck together
and then they have to taste good,
dissolve at the right speed
and be preserved from oxidative damage.
The result is often a list of twenty ingredients, whereas we can use one pure ingredient, encapsulated by experts in a vegetarian-friendly capsule.
Unlike some tablets, our capsules will never contain sweeteners, caking-agents or other unhealthy additives.
We use active ingredients only. Period!
We believe in a high quality supplement that needs to stay as clean as possible without the unnecessary fillers and binders.
Having formulations in our vegan-friendly vegetable cellulose capsules enables us to minimise oxidation and optimise absorption.
Capsules are odourless and tasteless. They are gentler on the stomach as opposed to tablets, and present the option of separating the two halves and adding the content to water or juice to suit those that struggle with swallowing them whole.
-- Written by Hala, founder of Dietapplements